Valuation of Public-Private Partnerships (P3s)
1.5 Hours Formal CPD
This web class will consider the challenges of valuing unusual or specialized properties provided through public-private partnerships (P3s).
There are many different types of P3 developments, but they often include major projects such as hospitals, schools, courts, social housing, and large infrastructure assets such as roads, bridges, etc. One of the challenges with properties developed through the P3 process is the valuation of the resulting asset, particularly as many of the properties are of a type that are not normally traded in the market. In this web class, experts will look at the different types of P3 arrangements; the way in which P3 projects are structured; the roles of the partners involved in the projects; risks and financial analysis; the applicability of international valuation standards; and the valuation methodology to apply to what are often very specialized properties. Participants will be provided with up to date information about P3 projects and how the often highly-specialized assets created can be valued.
This course is developed as part of a collaboration with International Property Tax Institute (IPTI) and RICS to provide specialized property tax and assessment valuation trainings suitable for the US marketplace.
- Structural models and the role of P3 partners
- Decision making and procurement in P3 projects
- Risk and financial analysis
- Valuing specialized P3 developments
- Using the cost and income approaches to valuation
Who Should Attend
- Assessors, appraisers and other professional real estate valuers
- Advocates, lawyers, and paralegals involved in disputes concerning the valuation of P3 developments
- Anyone else involved with the valuation of P3 properties
This 90-minute web class will include presentations from two experienced experts followed by a question and answer session.
+1 (646) 786-8364
Donald Liebman and Michael Blaschuk