Red Book: Purpose, Application and Benefits
1.0 Hours Formal CPD
This class provides context for the Valuation Standards and why they are so important to Valuers and their clients worldwide. We will describe the fundamental principles underpinning their use and discuss the content, including the International Valuation Standards.
|On Demand (Recording)|
We will highlight key areas with brief case studies. There will be some interactive multi choice questions to check understanding.
This course will include the reasoning and theory behind the Red Book, whilst showing you how it practically applies to your role.
- Objectives/ agenda – this is what we will be doing and why
- Context for the Red Book 2017
- Contents of the Red Book 2017
- Key changes from previous edition of global Red Book
- Changes to the UKVS layout.
- The international angle (IVS 2017)
- Conflict of interest
- Terms of Engagement - example
- Reporting - example
- Valuation bases
- Other areas – loan security, contamination, uncertainty
*Note to participants: this course is designed based on global application of the standard and does not reference regionally specific application
Who Should Attend?
- Commercial Valuers
- Residential Valuers
- Professionals working with Valuers
Pre-Class Reading Material/Post Reading Material
Participants should access the latest version of the Valuation Standards (online version) from the RICS website and have a quick look at the content. An awareness of the document would be helpful.
This on-demand video course is a recorded, instructor led program with interactions built in to test your knowledge.
+1 (646) 786-8364
Lance W. Doré FRICS