Introduction to Drones in the Construction Industry
1.5 Hours Formal CPD
Beyond the battlefield, drones can be agents of good. They can provide construction professionals with an elevated perspective of projects not available until recently. Learn more about this perspective in our introduction to drones course.
|16 January 2019 - 12:00pm|
With the increasing acceptance of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) or drones for commercial applications, will these devices become commonplace in construction sites like surveying tools or tablets are? In this session, participants will learn about practical uses of drones and how to implement the technology within the current regulatory environment. Presently, there are many unanswered questions about the safety, usability, feasibility, privacy and other issues associated with drones on jobsites. These and other issues will be discussed and the outcome of this session will enable participants to assess integration of this technology in their projects.
In this web class, we will cover:
- Introduction to Drones or Unmanned Aerial Systems and Vehicles
- Various capabilities of commercially available UAS/UAVs
- How to select an appropriate UAS/UAV for your project
- Learning to operate UAS/UAVs
- Various applications in construction projects
- Examples of current legal framework for commercial use (USA as example)
- Potential issues with use of the technology
Who Should Attend
Practitioners in the areas of project planning and execution, safety management, project owners with interest in the applications of drones on construction jobsites.
Participants will gain an understanding of how drones can benefit jobsite operations and will be in a position to develop strategies for their integration on their projects.
+1 (212) 847-7400
Javier Irizarry, Ph.D., P.E.