Certificate in Residential Valuation Methodology
100.0 Hours Formal CPDBook Now
Accurate and reliable residential valuations are in demand. Build on your existing knowledge of valuation by studying the leading industry valuation techniques for residential property and gain experience in calculating valuations.
+1 (646) 786-8364
10 March 2020 - 10:00am
23 June 2020 - 10:00am
Valuation underpins all residential property-based transactions, and with over five million homes bought and sold in the US in 2017, accurate and reliable valuations are in demand and essential.
Building on your existing foundation of valuation knowledge, this course has been designed to give you the practical skills required for residential valuation, focusing on the main competencies of valuation practice. This includes guidance and best practice on how to gather the required information, complete a valuation using the appropriate method, and to write Red Book compliant reports to RICS as well as international standards.
With these newly developed skills, you will have a breadth of knowledge to apply the principles of residential valuation on a day to day basis and demonstrate to your employer and clients your ability to complete residential property valuations to an international standard.
This course will give you the breadth of knowledge required to apply the principles of residential valuation on a day to day basis.
- Never be daunted by the less common residential valuation challenges in the UK (such as new build and HMO's) again.
- Your terms of engagement and valuation reports for every valuation instruction will comply with Valuation Standards.
- Understand how to evidence comparable valuation analysis and create an audit trail with appropriate due diligence.
- You will be able to consider a wider range of valuation instructions from buy to let to building plots.
- You will approach the use of modern methods of Proptech and the latest thinking in market analyses with a pragmatic business focus.
Who is this course for?
- APC and Assoc. candidates who are on the valuation or Residential Valuation pathway or other candidates
- Any other professionals with at least 2 years of experience in valuation or who have completed the RICS Valuation Foundation Program and wish to specialize or work with residential property valuations.
- Professionals who need to create or work with Residential Valuations on a day to day basis including valuers and professionals working in finance functions or departments who use residential valuation reports as part of their decision making process.
The course is composed of 4 technical modules which will cover the application of the valuation competencies of inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies as required to value residential property as well as best practice for drafting residential property valuation reports:
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: The Inspection – Context & Information
- Module 2: The Valuation Part 1 – Using Comparable Method
- Module 3: The Valuation Part 2 – Using Less Common Methods
- Module 4: The Report: Writing an RICS compliant report
During this course you will have access to RICS Isurv to further support your learning.
After Module 4, there will be a final exam of 1.5 hours. Learners will complete 50 multiple choice questions randomised from a question bank of 100. To pass the course, learners will need to score a min of 65%. Where a learner scores less than 65%, a second attempt will be possible. Any requests for additional attempts must be directed to the Online Academy. The exam window will be one month.
This course contributes toward 100 CPD hours.
Certificate of Completion
Upon passing the final exam, learners will be eligible to receive an RICS Certificate of Completion.