Certificate in Construction Project Management
200 Hours Formal CPDBook Now
As a result of the rapidly evolving construction industry, construction project management is a skill and knowledge set of its own that has been carved out of project management and is now essential to all construction project managers.
+1 (212) 847-7400
25 October 2018 - 10:00am
9 January 2019 - 9:00am
21 March 2019 - 9:00am
6 August 2019 - 9:00am
This will provide you with the knowledge of key project management techniques as they apply to construction projects. You will explore the project lifecycle from start to finish and the critical steps within each stage, including how to plan, organize and control construction operations; undertaking initial feasibility studies through to design, construction, maintenance, refurbishment and demolition.
Who is this course for?
Suitable for any construction professional, who are looking to develop their foundation skills to an advanced level. It is recommended if considering this course that you have approx 2 years project management experience in construction or have attended the foundation course in Quantity Surveying.
This course is made of up of 12 units delivered across a 6 month period with a blend of E-learning, forums, case studies and live web classes. The technical units covered within this course are listed below:
- Module 1 – The legal framework for construction projects
- Module 2 – Construction technology and environmental services
- Module 3 – Understanding the Client’s requirements
- Module 4 – Feasibility Studies and Option Appraisals
- Module 5 – Project process and procedures
- Module 6 – BIM
- Module 7 – Procurement and tendering
- Module 8 – Team working, Management and Leadership Skills
- Module 9 – Risk management
- Module 10 – Project Finances and their management
- Module 11 – Contract practice and administration
- Module 12 – Project audit and evaluation
For more information on the topics covered within each unit, please download the course guide.
The start date is subject to change depending on number of attendees for this course and at the discretion of RICS. If you select the wrong start date you must notify us within 14 days of purchase to move to the correct group. Any requests outside of this date are chargeable.