Commercial Management: Infrastructure Program
150 Hours Formal CPD
Gain a competitive edge in infrastructure and meet the growing skills demand by developing your commercial management proficiency and knowledge.
Global demand for infrastructure is growing rapidly as the push to secure future economic stability becomes the focus for governments and organizations. This has resulted in an increased demand for commercial managers who are able to secure investment returns on infrastructure programs. As such, it is vital to have the specific skills required to deliver value for money outcomes.
Through initially setting the scene of the infrastructure industry, this course demonstrates best practice for a Commercial Manager.
From managing your main stakeholders and understanding their drivers and motivations, to administrating the process of cost planning and benchmarking, risk, supply chains and procurement processes, this course delivers the fundamental skills required for best practice commercial delivery on an infrastructure program, by working through a diverse range of case studies and reading materials.
Structured over six months, the course is delivered through several e-learning modules, which will keep you active and engaged. The sessions will be supported by forum discussions with your tutor and other learners, scheduled online chats led by your tutor, web classes designed to consolidate your learning, case study scenarios and access to the relevant iSurv Channel for the duration of the course.
As a commercial manager in infrastructure your role is crucial to ensure the commercial success of a program through cost planning, client management, collaboration, supply chain management and risk mitigation.
Our course covers the main skills that are required to become a Commercial Manager in infrastructure and will give you knowledge to:
- Classify the core elements of the infrastructure industry
- Manage your relationship with stakeholders
- Develop common practices for building collaborative relationships
- Construct and develop an effective cost plan
- Apply the key aspects involved in the supply chain management of an infrastructure program
- Analyze and develop tools to avoid potential risks
Upon completion, you will have the practical knowledge required to successfully manage the commercial activity of an infrastructure program whether it be road, rail, energy or telecommunications.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for professionals with at least two years of experience, who are looking to gain commercial management skills and knowledge in this unique sector:
- Existing construction professionals (Quantity Surveyors or Project Managers) that are looking to learn more and move into the infrastructure sector as commercial managers or related roles and develop the essential skills required
- Existing Cost or Commercial Managers working in infrastructure who wish to implement latest best practice, upskill and strengthen their learning
- Engineers that are looking to broaden their commercial management knowledge and skill set to accompany and complement their existing engineering knowledge.
- The course is applicable to client, consultants and contractor organizations.
The course is composed of six technical modules, as well as an introductory and online examination module:
Module 0: Course introduction
Module 1: Infrastructure – setting the scene
Module 2: Infrastructure – the main stakeholders
Module 3: Client engagement
Module 4: Tendering, procurement and balancing your supply chain
Module 5: Cost planning & benchmarking
Module 6: Risk management
Module 7: Online examination